Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ad Sense

Discussion in 'Monetisation' started by Duke, May 5, 2005.

1. Duke

Duke Guest

Does anyone know if we're allowed to alter the code to Ad Sense so clicking on an add opens in a new page rather than taking traffic from the site?
  2. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I think Google may see that as violating terms of agreement for placing Adsense but I could be wrong.
  3. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

You may not, blah blah blah

quote: (iv) redirect an end user away from any Advertiser Page or Search Results Page.

I know it is ambiguous, but it looks like the answer here is no?
  4. Paul_KY

Paul_KY New Member Webmaster

Nope, Duke! Google wants YOUR traffic for good, and if it's not a public service ad, you might earn a penny or two or millions.

On the other hand, as an advertisers (not me, any longer), I could see how I wouldn't want to, "pop up" or, "open in a new page". I would want the visitors complete attention.
  5. Duke

Duke Guest

I kinda knew it was a stupid question when I asked it but it needed to be asked. I don't care if I look dumb, so long as I get the answer eventually.

Thanks guys!
  6. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Disagree Duke, Looking dumb would have been if you hadn't have asked the question, and gone ahead , done it, and had your account terminated lol I think what you have done is called being prudent.
  7. Duke

Duke Guest

Thanks man, that actually made my evening :D

Featured Resources (View All)