Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another endorsement for Skinner :)

Discussion in 'Staff Room' started by temi, Dec 5, 2007.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I got a PM from RiverWire commending me on the good idea of installing unread post hack, the idea for that mod was skinners so credit due to him:

I must say temi having that "unread posts" part at the top of the screen is a great idea, the forum is much more active and i know im posting more because i don't have to look through all the forums now i just go straight to that link. - RiverWire
  2. SkinnerW

SkinnerW New Member Webmaster

Thanks guys! I am having more fun working here with you than I had in a while :)

Now I need some help from all of you VB gurus out there!

#1 - iTrader field disappeared from the postbit. I checked all template files and plugin manager in the admin panel - everything is in place. I run out of options here.

Last resourt is uninstall iTrader completely and try to install it again But I think it will clear all ratings.

#2. I can not find how to adjust settings so every new user will be automatically assigned to "new members" group. I have no idea what happened but now new sign ups don't belong to any groups and I can not control some forum permissions for them... :help:
  3. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Our vB license is up to date, use the support that comes as part of the package :) In other words, login to vB.com and log a support ticket, they are usually very efficient. They may not help with the iTrader though.
    For iTrader help, post in vb.org under iTrader or search and someone may have had this problem before.

4. Meti

Meti New Member Webmaster

#1, edit the existing template, the postbit & postbit_legacy template and place the iTrader code below the amount of posts. If you've already done that have a look at the iTrader settings from the ACP.

#2, Don't they even get assigned to the Registered Users group?

- Meti

Featured Resources (View All)