Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any site - Trade Links with me

Discussion in 'Forum Post Exchange' started by myshtern, Mar 13, 2005.

1. myshtern

myshtern Guest

Hey everyone,

Preferably, transportation or automotive websites, but anyone is welcome.

Trade links with my site here:

Its automated and very simple.

2. John

John Guest

added my link.

my site should be back online within a few hrs so i can then added your link soon as.
  3. Eric

Eric Guest

Well I would have added my site but it appears that the page you listed is not indexed in G.
  4. myshtern

myshtern Guest

Google has definitely indexed my website.
    I am a PR3 with huge googlebot traffic.

I just recently made that links page so it might not be indexed yet, but it will be very soon.
  5. Eric

Eric Guest

Ok cool. You want to exchange with Directory-Z.com?
  6. myshtern

myshtern Guest

Sure, just fill out the form.
    If you have any problems, let me know.
  7. Paul_KY

Paul_KY New Member Webmaster

IMHO, Be careful with listing your site/s in BS/MOM & POP directories.
  8. Eric

Eric Guest

Aww come on Paul, why ya gotta be like that?
  9. Paul_KY

Ok, perhaps I shouldn't have worded it that way lol. Seriously though, one should be carefull where their links are placed. Perhaps OWG or smeagain can explain it better.

I'm not calling out anyone's directories (I know some here have put a lot of time and effort into their own), but IMHO, one should be carefull when deciding which directories to submit their sites to.

"Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links."

The thing is, who really knows what Google deams a, "Bad Neighborhood". We know for sure they like Yahoo and DMOZ, but we don't know how they feel about others. I'm fairly certain Google/Yahoo/MSN takes into account how long a particular directory has been around.

"Your first step to building a solid traffic foundation is to submit your site to good directories."

Again, who does Yahoo/Google/MSN, etc. consider, "Good"?

My two cents.
  10. John

John Guest

i see what you mean, but then in my opinion you add exchange links with directories that you think are more usfull to your own site and not to what google think, too many people these days are worried about their serach engine placement than the actual website.
  11. Eric

Eric Guest

Actually, I am now after traffic. I have been after PR for way to long and now I just want traffic. If directories can send me traffic, then directories will be where I spend time.
  12. Paul_KY

Unfortunately, "Directories" provide little traffic, if any at all.

I wish OWG or Smeagain would chime in and give their two cents.

Featured Resources (View All)