Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Helpdesk' started by Patrick, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick Guest

I know this is a little of topic for a webmaster forum but that's what the general section is for!

Do you read? just magazines or books? I love reading but I'm not very good at exploring new authors etc. I tend to just re-read books that i have read before and authors i know i like. I'm currently re-reading Purfume by Patrick Suskind and i would recomend it to anything. It's subject matter is so unusal and strange that i would probably put anyoneoff by trying to describe it! but the prose and the way in which the author expreses himself is so poetic it just flows in a brilliantly readable way. I know that Suskind is a German author but i think he must have written this in English because it's too good to be a translation..! If you want to buy a last minute christmas present for yourself i would recomend this..

so have you read any good books lately?
  2. Lanre

Lanre Guest

Teach yourself Polish, We learn Polish
    They are quite interesting I recommend them too :p
  3. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

I stopped reading for a long time, realising that was one of the reasons that made me change direction in business, and work as a self employed SEO rather than a self employed businessman.

I am starting to read again now for fun. This last year I have read some classics, Dickens Twain etc. Some Terry Pratchett (who I love), some Dean Koontz, who I also love reading, and one or two books for business, as well as PHP & MYSQL books.

Reading is fantastic, and I have to admit to doing my best work thought wise, after allowing my mind to wander off into another world via a book.
  4. Darksat

Darksat Guest

My essential reading list would be

The elegant universe.
    A brief history of time.
    Most of the wheel of time series (the last few were a bit slow after book 9)
    All the Ramon E Feist stuff I can, Riftwar Saga, Etc
    The Antichrist, by Nietzsche
    Twilight of the Idols, By Nietzsche
    Tzun Zu, the art of war (original translation)
    Steal this computer book.
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy & all the rest.
    All J.R.R. Tolkeins books
    Some David Eddings
    Some C.S. Lewis
    Hacking exposed 1-3, (4 was crap)
    Hackers black book.
    Hacking: The Art of Exploitation
    The Art of deception,
    Guerrilla Warfare, Che Guevara

Ps I only remember authors about half the time.
  5. Paul_KY

Paul_KY New Member Webmaster

"I only remember authors about half the time"

You'll remember that, "Knock on the door" for the rest of your POS life.

Featured Resources (View All)