Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boss Cart version 1.6 - beta review/bugs

Discussion in 'Beta Testers Room' started by Piotrek, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Piotrek

Piotrek Guest

Here are Melkior's and my findings so far. Also a short list of whishes. Please add your findings below :)

## FIXED ## originaly posted by user here
    the script does not require to login to admin area, you can access it from different computers just by entering the url (it appears it does not redirect user to /admin/welcome when login session is not valid)

# In product's name, options any non-letter or non-number is displayed with \ in front (e.g. Piotrek\'s Bicycle Wheel, size 45 \")

# e.g. when new users joins some users (with the newest PHP version) get this error warning:
    WarningCall-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by referencemodify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-referenceyou can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI fileHoweverfuture versions may not support this any longerin /home/fhlinux173/s/mysite/user/htdocs/shop/shop/scripts/shop1.php on line 84

Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by referencemodify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-referenceyou can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI fileHoweverfuture versions may not support this any longerin /home/fhlinux173/s/mysite/user/htdocs/shop/shop/scripts/shop1.php on line 93
    since this feature is being deprecated we need to replace the code to match new standards...

# In admin panel in select new currency the list of currencies is in chaos, there is no drop-down list of currency symbols admin can select from, one needs to find it and paste.

And there's this weird thing. If you set the currency to Croatian Kuna, and set the value to 50 it displays 50.02. Probably a conversion problem, nothing serious really.

# Product categories on the shop pages are sorted alphabeticaly only. The custom ordering you can set in admin panel doesn't show on live shop.

# "FEATURE1>>FEATURE2.." has been replaced with short product description. Only in Browse by brand it shows {{DESCRIPTION:SHORT}} instead.

# The links to the Boss Cart support forum should be changed since they still point out to the old igeneric forum.

# The script version number isn't updated.

# The upgrade script is missing

# I had the impression that the applications is too large (over 1300 files – almost 9MB) and some of them aren't in use.

# when added sub'sub'sub'cat the layout of the admin area broke a bit and also
    sub'sub'sub'sub cat has got the bug that puts "\" in front of the non-letter
    non-number characters, e.g. "Piotrek's" is "Piotrek\'s" (see pic)

# not really a bug but a limitation (reasonable) - the maximum price the system can take is 10,000,000,000.00, anything above that gets changed to it. But when I set conversion rate it displays the multiplyed value.

# when I click in product details 'Add to cart' and then Checkout on my right (as a client that just wants one thing) - clicking checkout doubles order I just made and adds it to the basket

# When registering a new user the shop asks for a shipping adress and when a country is selected which is not UK or USA there are no regions offered. That is ok since some countries don't have regions but the script insists that a region is entered which makes it impossible for users from other countries to register.

# while registering as client I clicked Yes for question if to import my shipping address - it did not import Adres line 1 (both PHP4 and 5)

# I cannot complete registration as a new client as it gives me this error:
    There are at least 1 fields that are incomplete.
    After submitting the step with billing details it displays error and moves me
    back to the start of registration form. (PHP 5 only)

# In the form of registration adress is divided into three lines (Adres line 1, 2 and 3) but in the summary after registration it shows line 1 as street, which is not neccessary true in all the cases, e.g.

Name: Pio Trek
    Street: Wine Cottage
    Address2: 77 Sialalala St.
    City: Lublin
    Postcode: 068123
    Region: Banbridge

# when checking out (after registration) I want to click process to payment, but it instead gives me funny page entitled 'select shipping method' and there is none to select, there is no button too, only the shopping cart summary on the right, I can click checkout and start over again - it goes in circles

# there is no way to change the FROM or SUBJECT of an email sent by the system, the email should be possible to be set in settings and SUBJECT should be modifiable next to the email template

# after a clean installation there is one user present already

# in edit pages, when I change the colour of the font to yellow it displays green

# layout problem on the main page - when I have more than 6 items it displays empty space instead of 5th item and moves other products furhter

# cache clearing button would be very useful after you make some changes it would help to update faster

# perhaps it would be good to add wrap possibility to categories menu – now if the user enters category name which is too long it goes under the website body and is not visible

# also when you navigate through the categories menu and click one subcategory it hides the subcategories and you need to navigate again to see the next subcat...

# product filter display by cat doesn't display products from a subcategory of
    selected cat

# browsing products in admin section, it should show how many pages of the
    products there are, and allow to click more distant pages (3rd, 8th) than just
    the next and previous, also when selecting how many results per page it
    should show, the setting should stay during the same admin sassion unless I
    change it, now it resets right after I go to different admin section :(

# When entering postcodes, unable to enter whole post code. for example,
    PE283DH. Only Allows PE283D. Also it will not take some other postal codes for instance, Croatia has 5-numeral zip codes.

# we need more payment systems !!

That is it for now.

Best Regards,

Featured Resources (View All)