Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Daft ways to solicit link exchange

Discussion in 'Forum Post Exchange' started by temi, Aug 9, 2005.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

There are some really stupid ways to ask for link exchange, here one of the from some idiots who has been spaming me for the past week, though I never had any link exchange arrangements with them, they claimed I have removed their link from my site, I though it was a real link exchange partner but then I received the email again and again though about 6 of my domains.

-----Original Message-----
    From: inkjets-center.com [mailto:webmaster@inkjets-center.com]
    Sent: 09 August 2005 09:47

Subject: DomainName.com, have you removed our link?

Dear domain name.comno,

We have just been checking our link partner arrangements and noticed that our link no longer appears at...

As per our arrangement, to maintain your listing within the directory we require a link back to our website. If you could reply to this email and let us know what the situation is it would be much appreciated. We have suspended your listing in the meantime. We will check the above location within the next 0 days, and if we still cannot find the link, your listing will be permanently removed from the directory...

Directory Powered By: "The Link Management Assistant". Increase your search engine rankings & totally automate the management of your link exchange partners. Download your own copy now at no cost from...
  2. ohhh that's cleaver! Using ruses like that is common place in my industry but for link exchanges...ohhhh
  3. temi

I am not sure about it being clever, I think outrigh stupid
  4. Paul_KY

Paul_KY New Member Webmaster

Think of it, Temi. Out of the 1 million + spams he sent out, he probably found a few hundred suckers who took the bait.
  5. temi

You are righ, people who are as tick as him will probably respond
  6. Duke

Duke Guest

Sadly that kind of message does work, along with the countless other amounts of e-mail soliciting that litters your inbox. The one thing I can say is that my ISP has SPAM Identification on much of my e-mail and it makes it much easier to get through most of the crap without ever having to look at it.

Featured Resources (View All)