Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

directories unwriteable

Discussion in 'Boss Cart - JV Series' started by sheldon6, Jul 26, 2008.

1. sheldon6

sheldon6 New Member Webmaster

I have been using the 777 perms to get over the unwriteable issues whilst complaining to my hosting company. they have now come back with the comments below. could you advise what directories if any you can think that need to be written

"I'm sorry, I should have told you this in the first place. The best solution is to use the permissions I mentioned in my first post (775) and change the group to 'nobody' as this is the user that runs apache and php. This will allow access to any web applications you may have installed. If you'd like us to do this, let us know specifically which directories need chown'd, as it's probably not that easy to do on your end."
  2. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Boss Cart consultant Webmaster

I would gladly list you those directories which require you to change the permission, but unforutantly i am not so smart. What i would do is the following. I would reupload the /installation/ folder from the install package and rename the configuration.php to configuration2.php for a minute and hit the webaddress of the installed software. If the script can't find the configuration.php file it will automatically launch the installation files which will list you know the most important folders. When those folders have the necessary permission, please remove the installation folder from the webserver and rename back the configuration.php file. Beside this i think you will need to check these files/folders:
    • configuration.php
    • all folder in /components/com_virtuemart/shop_images/
    • /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php

Featured Resources (View All)