Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you backup your data?

Discussion in 'Server Administration' started by gkd_uk, Jun 12, 2007.

1. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Guest

Do you keep a backup of all your work? I think it is always a good idea but most people don't do this until they lose a important piece of work?

2. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I burn my to a DVD from time to time, I also have a USB hard disk that I transfer important documents to every weekend
  3. Piotrek

Piotrek Guest

Once per few months ;)
  4. Lorna

Lorna New Member Webmaster

I back up my pc to a site called mozy.com. It is free up to a certain size of storage, and has been pretty good so far. You can set it to back up automatically, which is handy. i only started back ing up after the hard drive failed on my old pc, and I lost absolutely everything:(
  5. Bionic_Woman

Bionic_Woman Guest

Yes but only recently. I bought some DVD+RW's which takes 4.7 gb's. Yet to do this yet but I have to overwrite the files reguarly.
  6. Piotrek

Piotrek Guest

Yes, increasing capacity of DVD's is a bliss in this matter, there is DVD-9 which has about 8GB of space to use ;) The new burners can write to it.

But giving my private stuff to a website (mozy.com, or any other) - I don't think so... I just don't trust them, never will. I'd need to encrypt the data with 256bit key just to consider leaving it there for a short while ;P

Featured Resources (View All)