Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does directory url affect your decision?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by temi, Aug 1, 2007.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Amongst factors that determine how many site if any site at all I submit to a web directory is the url of the directory.
    For example if a directory is installed at the root of a domain, I think its a more serious directory than one installed in a folder on a domain.

I wonder if this affects your decision too.
  2. midlandi

midlandi Guest

Unless the sub domain or folder has a good pr of its own then i am not usually too intersted in them.
    Having said that a link is a link, but sub domains i usually look for free submissions.
  3. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I am biased towards domain and sub domais, I do not rate folders that higly.
  4. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Boss Cart consultant Webmaster

Only the dynamic URLs alert me. :)
  5. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Guest

For a niche directory could be advantageous to be on a niche related site, from experience the best niche directories have this configuration. Normally they receive niche related natural links.
    For a general directory a dedicated domain probably makes more sense.
    I think you can not make a rule of the thumb for this, every directory must be analyzed.
    A loot of successful directories are sub-domains or folders examples include yahoo and v7n
  6. mrcrowley

mrcrowley New Member Webmaster

I would tend to agree with Ask, every directory should be analyzed. A sub-domain or folder can be just as highly promoted as a root domain.

Featured Resources (View All)