Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eye problem using computer

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Helpdesk' started by ovi, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ovi

ovi Guest

Did you encoured a eye/head problem using computer? How did you solve this?
    I have switch to TFT monitor on my home computer and for work I use a laptop, this has help me a lot and sometimes (when I don't forget) I put my reading glasses on.
    Ah...almost forget..the doctor has gave me some eye drop.
    Let me know your advices.

2. Duke

Duke Guest

Maybe you need a new prescription or have to change your overall lighting around your monitor.

Also, I wonder if your refresh rates can make a difference.
  3. OTguy

OTguy Guest

I was think of getting Lasar surgery anyone ever had it?
  4. Pentarix

Pentarix Guest

Yes my brother wants to get that done, I think it's a good idea although a bit expensive.
  5. etechsupport

etechsupport Guest

People are getting older age, that might be a reason for eye problem, I usually set the monitor contrast at minimum level and usually get a break after long hour working.
  6. eukhost

eukhost Guest

Yes I agree with my friend etech-support, that taking periodic breaks from the computer will some what relax your eyes. Keep your face atleast 20 inches from the screen and take pause every 20 minutes, if possible.
  7. OTguy

OTguy Guest

If i took a break after every hour i think i would be sitting at my pc 20hrs a day lol
  8. etechsupport

etechsupport Guest

Well, I think his point is to close your eyes for 1-2 minute to minimise the strain to your retina after 20 minute, but I too think 20 min is a much shorter span of time.

Featured Resources (View All)