Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Facebook scheduling - does this affect post reach?

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Luxion, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Luxion

Luxion New Member Webmaster

Hi all!

I've noticed that when I schedule Facebook posts (watch horror movies online - directly via a Facebook page, not through Hootsuite), there appears to be less reach than the posts that I upload immediately, even with the same (if not more) likes and engagement. Does anyone know if Facebook has a preference for scheduled/non-scheduled posts or is this just a coincidence?free action movies
    I know that there is sooo much content on Facebook so you're never going to catch everyone, but any basic tips to follow would be great?
    tag: instrumental ringtones
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    T J Tutor likes this.
  2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator Webmaster

According to FB "Ten Practices To Avoid":

Using third-party services. Using scheduling services such as Hootsuite, Viral Heat, or Sprout Social to schedule your Facebook posts will gain you only one thing: an even lower reach. That’s because Facebook recognizes, and penalizes these third-party apps, giving them less credibility than posts made directly on Facebook. This is true for businesses that push their Twitter feed through Facebook as well.Note: Historically, Facebook has denied this correlation, however studies on Facebook reach as well as analyzing our own data has suggested there is a direct relationship between Facebook reach and use of third-party services.
  3. Luxion

Luxion New Member Webmaster

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

Featured Resources (View All)