Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Favourite Unix Distribution?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dhscott, Apr 5, 2007.

1. dhscott

dhscott New Member Webmaster

I know there is a two and a half year old thread about favourite Linux Distributions (See Here)

I thought things I have changed a bit since then, especially with Ubuntu sprouting its wings!

I won't add a poll, I want people's opinions, not stats. Also, it doesn't have to be Linux, any other Unix System will do.

I am voting for Ubuntu Linux personally. I am not terribly Linux confident yet and I still use my Windows Machine on a daily basis in my "Gaming Rig", but on my laptop, which is not new incidentally, I have the pleasure of using a fast operating system which does everything I need it to do, be it writing up an essay for college or just browsing the web with my favourite Firefox plugins!

I have tried many different distributions, many of which I can't get on with, many which catch my eye initially and turn out to be (politely put) not as good as I was expecting.

Ubuntu however surpasses my expectations with each new release and I am looking forward to the Feisty Fawn with a big grin :D

Featured Resources (View All)