Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Free eCommerce software worth £299

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by temi, Jun 21, 2008.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

We have been working on Boss Cart Premium ecommerce software for many years. Its a PHP/MySQL powered software.

Its packed full of features any online merchant needs to sell successfully on the internet.

It is particularly strong in Web 2.0 features including facilities to allow your users to add products the like to any of the popular social bookmarking sites.

Not to bore you, we are looking for users who will install and test Boss Cart Premium tell us any problems the encounter so that we can make Boss Cart premium as perfect an eCommerce software as possible.

In exchange for your help, you will get a full Boss Cart Premium license worth £299. Please update this thread or send me a PM if you are interested.

2. scfc16

scfc16 New Member Webmaster

What exactly will the software do?

I am aware that web 2.0 allows the user to create an environment where multiple users are enabled to navigate the site and leave their own mark . SO does this software enable you to make your online store able to be advertised on social networking sites by allowing the customers to digg it and share the content ??
  3. temi

The software enables you to create your own online store, you can use the built in Web 2.0 features to promote your store and your products.
  4. widgetuk

widgetuk New Member Webmaster

Sounds like something I would be interested in. Having spoken with Bagi, I think I could help you out here. So keep me posted :) Cheers.
  5. temi

Please send me your email contact info and I will have a copy of Boss Cart Premium beta and its license sent to you next week.

Naturally, you will receive free upgrade and any help you need and the software license is your for as long as you want it.

6. hahn

hahn New Member Webmaster

I want it too

I am interested. So how to go about it?
  7. Dimitar Christoff

Dimitar Christoff Member Webmaster

this is by no means a dig at BC or anything at all (i don't really have any impressions from it), its more like a rant at the state e-commerce in general

i have had what you'd call 'fair' experience with various cart engines, free and not-that-free. the truth of the matter is: anyone with half a clue can write a store that looks the part, has all the features and serves the purpose of allowing users to find and buy the products on sale.

where it really starts to make a difference is the back end / cms, in particular, stock and order management. the busier the store is, the more orders, the more work it becomes to ship your daily batch and re-order / manage products... i have found things like cubecart or oscommerce to be totally impractical for any site getting over 20-30 orders per day.

anyway - with that in mind, is there a demo of the bosscart backend? in particular, i am interested in things like:

ability to flat view manage / ajax expand orders from one page (not having to click in and out)
    ability to easily look at your pending orders with all items in stock and a list of all the stock you can take out of the warehouse and pack
    ability to match SKU/EAN scans of items your packers have taken out against the ones really on order (to avoid sending wrong sizes etc)
    ability to flag orders that are not in stock at present or on backorder
    ability to batch assign shipping consignment ids (for example, parcel force interfaces)
    ability to batch print invoice/address info and possibly barcode generator
    ability to manage brands, their order lead times and stock re-order batches, creation of stock re-order pdf manifests
    etc etc - i can continue here for hours, it is a sore subject as i waste so much time writing all of the above and would have preferred focusing my attentions on end-user matters or driving traffic...

it isn't until you find all your time dwindling away for such trivial things that you find yourself sitting back and re-evaluating what needs your e-commerce software really has. i'd love to find JUST ONE out-of-the-box solution that can stand out from the crowd in the above regards...

so where is that bosscart demo i can look at :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  8. nyt

nyt New Member Webmaster

what are the benefits over the JV edition and/or stock virtuemart?
    and is premium edition multilanguage?

9. arxs

arxs New Member Webmaster

What is the unique features compared to others?

How many copies are you giving out to beta test?

Featured Resources (View All)