Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Free or paid webhost?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Helpdesk' started by John, Mar 11, 2005.

1. John

John Guest

i was going to make my own article for beginners and i came across this article and i think if you are a beginner these are the points you'll be cominf across, paid or free hosting. just look at the key points when reading through.
  2. lovely

lovely Guest

This article is very interesting, it enable beginners to make a right choice when it comes to web hosting. I don't want to say this is the best option for beginners :eek: I will like them to choose which one to pick :) because I have both here FrontPage web hosting and .EU domain name registration

See my signature also for both paid and free hosting package.

3. smeagain

smeagain Guest

www.velnet.co.uk give very functional FREE webhosting when you register your domain name with them and the domain registration is quite reasonble priced.
  4. termitt

termitt Guest

The problem with free hosts is that either they offer pretty little features (take fortunecity or geocities) or go out of business if they are small.
  5. mcfox

mcfox Guest

Free web hosting isn't a good idea if you are serious about making some cash, or even getting backlinks to your site, perhaps with the exception of blogger to a degree; would you buy from anonymous@ yahoo.com, url - geocities/anonymous/site.html? I wouldn't.
  6. martian2k4

martian2k4 Guest

I was thinking of setting up a free host so every time you make 30 posts on my forum you can get a month's free hosting:D
  7. seb_

seb_ Guest

30 posts a month. Some people are a bit too busy to that. But i'm sure you'd have reliable paid packages aswel :D
  8. martian2k4

martian2k4 Guest

Yes i will have a hosting site soon but this will ust b a offer for the people posting on my web site :D
  9. seb_

seb_ Guest

Sounds like a good idea but dont become like the other post for host(ing) sites. They seem to last for a couple of months and disappear silently weeping...

Featured Resources (View All)