Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Game rating changes suggested

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by temi, Mar 27, 2008.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

The video game ratings system should be revamped to make it easier for parents and children to understand, a UK government-backed review has said. The review was carried out by psychologist Dr Tanya Byron, who has recommended a new rating for games aimed at children aged 12 plus.
    Games currently get a mandatory review by classifiers only if they have "human sexual activity" or "gross violence".
    Dr Byron has also called for a UK body to oversee children's internet safety.

source: bbc
  2. rhyswynne

rhyswynne Member Webmaster

Not sure what I think of this. On one hand I feel it's a good thing (I don't play overly violent games such as Manhunt or even Grand Theft Auto), on the other hand I feel it could demonise the video game industry (would Manhunt, for example, be treated the same as a film like Saw for example???)
  3. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

You are an adult anyway, its mainly children the rating is aimed at, quite a lot of your children play games that is way too bad for them because the ratings are not there or inappropriate.
  4. uniquecontentcreation

uniquecontentcreation New Member Webmaster

Didn't something like this ban manhunt from australia? I thought I read that...

Featured Resources (View All)