Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

General Discussion

Discussion in 'Staff Room' started by Robster, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Robster

Robster Guest

Temi has given made me a moderator, so I thought I would start in my new position by making a suggestion.

How about a General Discussion forum in the Off Topic section. At the moment its unclear where threads that have nothing to do with webmastering should go. They seem to end up in the General Webmaster Talk forum which I think would be better kept to be just about webmastering.

People may want to discuss the latest political issues or just post amusing links/flash games. I think this would help build the community feel of the forums.
  2. Duke

Duke Guest

I'll leave this one to temi but personally I'd be against political discussions here if possible, they tend to get heated if not moderated heavy handedly IMHO.

I do think that there's no harm in having a General area though.
  3. Robster

Robster Guest

Ok maybe not political discussion, was just an example of what people might want to discuss in a general area
  4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

in our general area on my rugby forum we discuss such essentials as computer failure, should you beat your kids, which comp progs are best to use, scam warnings, and of course the most important of ALL, the female form lol politics has been banned.
  5. Duke

Duke Guest

So I guess we'll wait for temi to chime in before we come to any sort of conclusion here.

Featured Resources (View All)