Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Discussion in 'Staff Room' started by Duke, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Duke

Duke Guest

I'm looking for some input on this from you both because I personally feel like clamping down on her a bit more. I've let a lot of her stupidity slide in the forums but I refuse to look the other way on her posts continually.

Quite simply put, every site should allow flexability within the forums and allow some horsing around but there is a point at which you have to draw the line. I think this rule applies even more to a site such as this which I view as an information resource for webmasters looking to learn or fine tune their skills. With this being the sites goal, you really can't afford to allow the forums to become clown college or a teenie bopper chat room.

Anyway, I'm posting all this asking for some input. If allowed my own devices, I will start clamping down on her much harder and likely give her a short vactation if she doesn't smarten up after warning #3.

BTW, I hope this doesn't come across as a rant because it isn't. I'm simply wondering if I'm being a bit hard on her which is my reason for asking.

2. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

I read her post last night complaining about being moderated in the VIP lounge, and thought hmmmmmm!

I will be as jokey as the next man, but I think I get away with it because I am mouthy, but do make decent enough posts to balance up the humour posts. Questioning the moderation is an absolute no no on a forum, it is not acceptable.
  3. Duke

Duke Guest

Agreed, especially on an information based website such as this.

I think your posting style is much different compared to GI though OWG. You throw out tons of information and have a sense of humor, she posts idiotic content continually and ads nothing to the conversation.

Featured Resources (View All)