Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has anyone ever been to an outdoor summer movie?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by winnifred, Jul 2, 2013.

1. winnifred

winnifred New Member Webmaster

Have you ever been to an outdoor summer movie? In my city, I used to attend old movies in the park in the summer evenings. It was a great experience to be under the stars with friends and popcorn and watch a great movie. Have you ever done this? What do you think of it?
  2. bugara1

bugara1 New Member Webmaster

A lot of times and it's great. Sometimes it gets kinda cold though..
  3. Kristy

Kristy Member Webmaster

When I was a kid we have a drive-in theater a few minutes outside of town that we went to all the time during the summer. I loved it. Some of my best memories come from that place. But back around 2002 we had a huge flood that destroyed tons of homes and a lot of people had no where to live so the owners of the theater sold the land to FEMA so they could put trailers there and turn it into a trailer park. So that was the end of the theater.

Now the closest drive in theater is about an hour and a half away from where I live. I got to see that Dark Shadows movie there with my boyfriend last summer. It was a lot of fun. :)
  4. caparica007

caparica007 New Member Webmaster

Yes, it's great. This year I haven't managed to go, but last year I went to see "Rango" with the wife and kids, they loved to be outdoor and the big screen and of course the movie. :)
  5. jaydepp

jaydepp New Member Webmaster

I attended one at a pool once, it was pretty nice.

Featured Resources (View All)