Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello & What to do ongoing :)

Discussion in 'Staff Room' started by neilrbowen, Aug 11, 2008.

1. neilrbowen

neilrbowen Member Webmaster

Hi All,

I apoligise for the delay in this post and the slow start in sorting things out here and there, things are a bit hectic at the moment and i was not expecting Temi to be so efficient and quick at moving things over! :kneeled:

(i have also been watching the forum a little) and it seams there is quite a lot of spam pretty much all removed by you mods ;)

What im proposing then ongoing are a few initial ideas that id like your comments on.

1) Prizes
    I am thinking a raffel based system to win prizes / cash prizes or both could be created where by users would get 1 ticket for each post they make that does not contain any urls, 2 tickets for each thread they create that does not contain any urls, and 20 tickets for each thread they create that recieves at least 15 replies.

At the end of each month, or every 6-8 weeks even we would have a draw to award the prizes.

Do people think this idea could work to increase the quality of peoples posts?

2) Creating a system where users can register more details about themselves (company if applicable also) that can then be viewed by other users. This would also allow us to award people with "Trusted" status badges as they make 50 posts + and assuming we have had no issues with them by then.

3) Any other ideas? :)

On another notethere apear to be 14/15 admin/mods, do we need this many or would it make sense to bring this down to a smaller number of more active people. (Don't get me wrong more than happy to keep everyone) but worth seeing your views on this.

I would also be happy to assign a percentage of the advertising profits to the prize funds, and an additional percentage of the profits could be put in to the admin/mods pot which we could share out at the end of each year. I would imagine id be looking at doing 20-30% into the prize pot (plus special extras from sponsors) and 20-25% into the mods pot which could come to around £1200-£1400 a year in the mod pot. Nothing huge :( but ill have to wait and see what i can do with the ads on this website first! :)

Anyway please fire your ideas away and comments on the above, good, bad and really bad replies are welcome! :crying:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
  2. jonathanbuckle

jonathanbuckle New Member Webmaster

Hi All,

I would like to introduce myself, I am Jonathan and work with Neil. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to contact either Neil or Myself.

3. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Hello Neil,
    1. Regarding the number of admins, perhaps you may not need that many admins, I did when I run the forum. My suggestion is that you remove all the admins that were here before you took over including me, that way they buck stops with you and Jon admin wise, if you need additional admin in the future you can always appoint one or two. I have the same suggestion for mods, hoever I would suggest you keep some Mods, the think is you cannot be on like 24-7 and between the admins and mod someone tends to be online to deal with stuff that arises when I was offline.
    2. The prizes idea sounds nice.
    3. I would suggest you look into adding quality contents thought. The next stage of this forum development was to make it "The UK Webmaster Forum" we established that the we have the traffic but not the contents, if you can find post/content writer to develop authoritative post on SEO issues, Aspects of Web Hosting and webmastering, it would be fantastic for this forum.

4. I was going to get rid of this forum most of the post there are spammy.
    5. Would also suggest you go ahead with the forum mergers we identified just before you bought the forum to streamline things.

4. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Welcome to UK WW :)

5. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Nice to see things hapenning here. I am pretty busy this week and took some time off from friday so missed posting a little.

Anyhow, here is a thought, rather than pull the money out of the pot at the end of the year, why not use it to develop some kick arse SEO/Webmarketing tools, for use exclusively by us mods/admins?

I have a few ready to be developed, in fact I spoke to Temi about them when i was up in london last month.

or we can have a curry and a shedload of beer :D
  6. neilrbowen

neilrbowen Member Webmaster

Featured Resources (View All)