Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hosting Needed for open source project

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by SurfCat, Jul 23, 2013.

1. SurfCat

SurfCat New Member Webmaster

I am developing a minimalistic WebKit-based browser aimed at slower PCs or computers prone to get viruses (such as public use PCs, to avoid a PC getting a virus from a browser bug/exploit). It is aimed to use less than 150 to 200MB of RAM with 3 to 5 tabs open. Flash/Java support is optional and has no plugin support.

What I was wondering is, if someone could offer me a decent, high-bandwidth (500GB or more) webhosting plan for it. The site would be hosted on the plan, while the .exe and source will be on Github/Sourceforge. I don't have a lot of money at the moment either, being 17 years old, so I was wondering if anyone could also give me like, a 30 day trial until I get some money in PayPal to pay for the next month. If not, that's fine, I can wait. :)

2. Vernard

Vernard New Member Webmaster

Hello there SurfCat,

You can give our hosting a try free of charge for the first month! Simply enter "TESTDRIVE" at checkout for a free month.

Since your project will be hosted on github or soundforge then I think a Stage 1 plan would suffice.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message, I'm more then happy to assist!

Featured Resources (View All)