Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How far will you go in search engine search results?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Helpdesk' started by temi, Apr 19, 2006.

How deep do you go in search results?

1. I don't go beyond page three

1 vote(s)
  2. I go up to page three

0 vote(s)
  3. I go beyond page three

1 vote(s)
  1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

62% of searchers do not go past page 1

A search engine marketing company called iProspect conducted a survey which says 62% of searchers do not go past page one of search result and 90% of searchers will click on the first three pages and 10% goes beyond page there.

I wonder is this habit is different with webmasters, participate in our poll by voting to indicate how deep you go in search results when you are searching.
  2. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Personally I skim page one, then look at the adwords ads. If there is nothing there then I change the search by adding boolean options. I never go beyond page two, and rarely if ever leave page one. Only when I have been searching for some off the wall stuff when refurbing my house have I struggled.

Then again if an SEO doesn't know how to make a search engine deliver relevant results they should not be doing the job LOL. I get emails all the time asking me to find stuff online as average joe/jane can not get to grips with advanced operators.
  3. Duke

Duke Guest

I'll go in as far as page three if I have to because I search for all kinds of crazy crap.
  4. Robster

Robster Guest

If I don't find what i searched for on the first page I tend to change my search by changing the words, adding more words to make it more specific or use +/- quotes etc.

I would go to page 3 and beyond if i was looking for something obscure and didnt think I could make my search any more specific.

Featured Resources (View All)