Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How Strange!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by How_Strange, Mar 22, 2009.

1. How_Strange

How_Strange New Member Webmaster

I have been a member here for a couple of years, and made several hundred posts in that time.

During that time I have always tried to be helpful to other members, to contribute in a positive way to the community, making posts with good content, rather than just few-word answers.

As far as I am aware I have never broken any forum rules. Never spammed, never been offensive to other members.

When I came to log in recently, however, under my normal username, I got a message that I was BANNED! Now, with the forums I deal with, courtesy dictates that a reason is given so that the member is told WHY he is banned. That reason is also available should admin or the moderators wish to check the reason for the ban. But, no reason was given.

Nor have I received any emails to advise me of a ban, which again is usual forum practice.

The only thing I have done recently is to reply in a clear mobile phone spammer`s thread complaining about the spam.

The irony here is that I am extremely careful not to break any forum rules, have never been warned, yet for some inexplicable reason I get banned with no reason provided.

Yet, I sometimes see obvious spam remaining on the board for hours on end. I see a spam thread now that`s been here for days, never mind hours.

Anyway, I`m sure this thread will be deleted before too long. That`s fine, I won`t be returning with this username, nor with my old one if that is unbanned.

If the admin or any of the mods is interested enough you can always do a cross check on my IP to identify who I am.

I just wanted to make the point that something is very wrong here. :nono:
  2. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I think you were banned in error when I was banning all those bloody spammer yesterday.
    I did contact the owner of this forum about doing something about the spam but I got no response from him.
    Anyway, I will see if I can un ban you.
  3. surreypcsupport

surreypcsupport New Member Webmaster

Glad to hear your doing something about it mate.

You do have to trawl through an awful lot of 1 sentence duplicate responses before finding any reasoned discussion in many threads.

Good work mate. (Not the banning 'how_strange' bit) :)
  4. mysterylinks

mysterylinks New Member Webmaster

there is an unbelieveable amount of spam at the moment.

can you guys add a better captcha program perhaps?
  5. jumpstartoutdoor

jumpstartoutdoor New Member Webmaster

Anyway, you are back .
    All the best for the future.

Featured Resources (View All)