Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IE has flaw of doom

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Helpdesk' started by ovi, Nov 22, 2005.

1. ovi

ovi Guest

A UK group of hackers has published a zero-day exploit which puts means IE users only have to visit a site to be attacked.
    Computer Terrorism's exploit allows a remote hacker to take complete control of a Windows system.

To prove Computer Terrorism's system worked, it posted a proof-of-concept exploit, available here, which launches the Windows Calculator.

The flaw is based on a Javascript Window() vulnerability which Microsoft has known about for several months. However Vole has been mistakenly treating it as a low-priority denial-of-service flaw, a spokesComputer Terrorist said.

The exploit works on fully patched Windows XP systems with default IE installations and could be good-night Vienna to anyone using the Microsoft browser.

Full article: theinquirer.net/?article=27850
  2. maro25

maro25 Guest

IE is full of exploits! Each month there is a new exploit out! That's why people are migrating to FireFox!
  3. ovi

ovi Guest

I don't like IE, but due to my work, I have to use it.

4. maro25

maro25 Guest

Well me too ovi, still more than 50% of users use IE so we always have to make sure that designs are working fine with IE first :)

Featured Resources (View All)