Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

installation problem

Discussion in 'iG Shop' started by healer, Jan 2, 2006.

1. healer

healer New Member Webmaster

When doing the make_symlink.php, I got error messages like "Warning: symlink(): File exists in /home/content/r/a/p/raphaelw/html/igshop/ig_shop/admin/make_symlink.php on line 2" and so on. I read similar posts and checked the admin directory I couldn't see the links at all. Perhaps a ftp program would not show symbolic links. I don't have other access to view the files. I hope everything is all right. I hope somebody can comment on this.

I set up the connection details for the database at the web server. I didn't seem to be able to create the database beforehand. I don't know whether it is really necessary to carry on with the installation.

I don't quite understand the following statement from the install.txt file.
    Please log on to mysql(phpmyadmin - if you have) using your account details and dump
    the ig_shop.sql file located on your pc, at the unpacked shop folder /ig_shop/ig_shop.sql

mysqldump yourtatabasename < ig_shop.sql

I suppose the command asks mysql to read the ig_shop.sql into the database. Am I right? However, I don't have access to the web server other than FTP access. How can I do it?

Featured Resources (View All)