Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Intel plans $1bn India investment

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by temi, Dec 5, 2005.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Intel, the world's largest chipmaker, plans to invest $1bn (£576m) in India over the next five years.
    The firm will spend $800m on boosting its research and development operation, with the rest of the cash being used to finance investment in firms.

Intel has an R&D centre in Bangalore that produces software to drive its microchips, computers and networks.

Firms like Intel are expanding in India as the wages of software engineers are fraction of what they cost in the US.

source: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4499362.stm
  2. at the end of the day though, I rather have them putting decent jobs in the west than saving $million by going to india. who the hell needs several million dollars anyway, $1million is enough for anyone.
  3. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

I honestly think that companies are underestimating the damage they are doing by placing jobs offshore. The Uk banking industry is going to see a serious backlash anytime soon IMO.
  4. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I could not agree more. Smart banks are now using the fact that their call centres are in UK as a unique selling point. I stopped using BT Internet because when you need help, you are routed to a guy in India whose accent you struggle to understand.

Featured Resources (View All)