Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Link exchange cheats

Discussion in 'Forum Post Exchange' started by Patrick, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Patrick

Patrick Guest

I wonder how to monitor links placed to my site by link exchange partners. Some link exchange partners are rather dishonest,, they remove your link after a few weeks
  2. maro25

maro25 Guest

I have never participated in an automated link exchange system so I can't tell!
    As for manual ones, you should have a list that you would check every other day or so
  3. pinyo

pinyo Guest

After a while, it's just not worth the trouble of checking your link partner all the time. Just do the trade and keep moving. Focus on building great content is the only viable long term strategy.
  4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

I fyour fussy who you link to then this will likely not happen.
  5. pinyo

pinyo Guest

Or you can do what I do sometimes. I let the request sit for a month. If my link still exists when I get there, I will link back.
  6. maro25

maro25 Guest

Or maybe do a refresh of your links page once each week... You check all that are linking to you and if one is not there, you remove his link from your pages :)
  7. pinyo

pinyo Guest

Not practically once you have more than 20-30 sites. I have about 600 reciprocal partners...not practical at all. :(
  8. maro25

maro25 Guest

yes I agree for 600 it is not practical
    so an idea would be to sort the links by importance (pagerank most probably) and only check the imoprtant ones (or the least important ones if you want to remove their link once they removed yours).
  9. pinyo

pinyo Guest

possible, but that's still a few hundreds. I just don't check them regularly and only do so when I am really bored. Even then, I just spot check, here and there. I think my time can be better spent elsewhere...IMO
  10. there's several scripts out there that do that for you. they check the link is there on the submitted reciprical url page and then store a list of url pages and you can send the script to scan them whenever you want.

saw lots of them, never used one.

Featured Resources (View All)