Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Local business directory?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dhscott, May 22, 2007.

1. dhscott

dhscott New Member Webmaster

Has anyone here created a local (or regional) business directory for the purpose of local businesses to add their websites, addresses and details? Kind of like a Yellow Pages.

I was wondering how much success these would have as a friend and I are considering starting one for a small inclusion fee (£10 for example). We would go round to local businesses and see if they wanted to get included into this directory. There would also be an online submission form.

We think a lot of businesses would turn us away though and we're reluctant to waste time on such a project if we have doubts over its success.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this idea.

P.S. I came up with an idea to give a couple of friends commission for every business they refer as a summer job :p

P.P.S I couldn't see such a directory working with free inclusion & adverts etc. which is why there is an inclusion charge.
  2. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Local business directories are great, but there is a lot of competition out there. I make a decent income ;) from my local business directories.

Featured Resources (View All)