Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by santoto, Apr 15, 2009.

1. santoto

santoto New Member Webmaster

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]There has been an explosive growth in the use of mobile / m-commerce and m-payment, especially in parts of the developing world like Africa and India. Some commentators have even called for banking regulations to be eased, or at least fine-tuned to make m-commerce more attractive. Does this make sense in the current climate? And why has m-commerce been so successful in poorer countries, anyway? What is the future for m-commerce and m-payment in a post-credit-crunch world? Is it traditional banks with branches dealing with physical cash that should be worried about their future?[/FONT]
  2. mikenash

mikenash New Member Webmaster

One reason could be that mobile applications are cheaper to acquire and maintain than other applications such as a PC/laptop, not to mention that the technology required to power a PC/laptop -the internet, is still hard to come by in most parts of Africa and maybe even india. So a viable/cheaper solution, which already serves a very basic function of voice communication, seems the best bet. Best of both worlds. And I think more functions will even become available with m/applications in the future as the technology is developed/becomes available and accepted/understood by the users.

The financial institutions in these places had better wake up and smell the coffee regarding what m/applications can do for their business/economy, but knowing a little about such organizations as I do/think I do, they will wait till they kingdom come before they do so

My 2 cents.
  3. Wendyarafton

Wendyarafton New Member Webmaster

commercial transactions conducted electronically by mobile phone.
  4. pravinkumar

pravinkumar Make your life with positive reviews. Webmaster

anyone can help me in providing the list of ad tools used for m-commerce.....?:)

Featured Resources (View All)