Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mass Mail - not working

Discussion in 'Boss Cart - JV Series' started by widgetuk, Aug 2, 2008.

1. widgetuk

widgetuk New Member Webmaster

HI there, I've now got a few customers registered on my site. I wanted to send them a newsletter, then I realised that there's no actual newsletter feature on Boss Cart. :( And i also realised when a customer registers on my site, they dont get the tickbox to agree to be sent emails/newsletters. :sorry:

So I'm not sure firstly if I'll actually be allowed to send them a newsletter officially.

Also, I've tried out the Mass Email feature on Boss Cart. Which would be an easy way to email registered users occasionally. BUT, it doesnt appear to work. I complete the small form and select which group i want to receive the email, but when click sent, it just takes me back to the originally blank form. Check my email, and nothing has been received :sorry:

Anyone else managed to get Mass Email to work? Or found a way of integrating another newsletter program into Boss Cart so that the email addresses/users can easily be read and used as recipients?

Cheers, Jon
  2. widgetuk

widgetuk New Member Webmaster

Just thought... I wonder if it would be possible to integrate something like phplist (opensource newsletter management) into Boss Cart?? This is obviously a proper newsletter solution which has all the great features of managing sign up, plublication, tracking, etc.

To integrate phplist it would be great to have another menu box on the left hand side of the boss cart template, which has a title "Newsletter Sign-up" and then a button to take the guest to the newsletter registration page. Also a small link beneath this to unsubscribe from the newsletter perhaps.

Obviously this isn't particularly 'integrating' the two, but, it would feel to the user like the newsletter management was part of the same experience as the ecommerce bosscart shop.

It might be nice when the user is registering for the bosscart website, that they are also given the opportunity to then sign up for the newsletter too?

Hmmn might be worth a though I guess?
  3. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Boss Cart consultant Webmaster

As usually your idea is experience and when we will step forward with the JV script it will be surly implemented.

Featured Resources (View All)