Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Microsoft now wants to buy AOL

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by temi, Jul 17, 2008.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

NEW YORK--Time Warner's discussions to merge or sell its AOL Internet division with Microsoft or Yahoo have taken on new urgency ahead of Yahoo's Aug 1 shareholders meeting, a source familiar with the discussions told Reuters on Tuesday. The structure of any deal is not immediately clear, though a combination of any of the parties is expected to redraw the landscape for advertising on the Internet.
    Sources had said earlier that a deal with Yahoo would likely involve merging AOL with the Web pioneer, with Time Warner taking a minority stake in the combined company. A deal with Microsoft would likely be a sale of AOL, the sources said.
    Time Warner and Microsoft declined comment. A representatives of Yahoo was not immediately available.

source/full story
  2. Cryxellis

Cryxellis New Member Webmaster

Thanks for this info temi :) Microsoft doesn't have a success on Yahoo and now
    they are trying to get AOL, but isn't that it was gone? And I think the never
    ending war between Yahoo and Microsoft will not end. For Microsoft cannot
    accept the word "no" right? :death:
  3. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Moderator Moderator Webmaster

Thanks for sharing Temi.
  4. Midwest

Midwest New Member Webmaster

Microsoft tries to buy pretty much everything they can get their hands on, as far as I can see. What's next on their "shopping list", I wonder?

Featured Resources (View All)