Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mozilla boss Brendan Eich resigns after gay marriage News

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by I'm H, Apr 4, 2014.

1. I'm H

I'm H Member Webmaster

The chief executive of Mozilla - the company best known for its Firefox browser - has stepped down.

Brendan Eich was appointed just last month but came in for heavy criticism for his views on same-sex marriage.

Mozilla's executive chairwoman Mitchell Baker announced the decision in a blog post.

"Mozilla prides itself on being held to a different standard and, this past week, we didn't live up to it," she wrote.

"We know why people are hurt and angry, and they are right: it's because we haven't stayed true to ourselves.

Source : BBC News - Mozilla boss Brendan Eich resigns after gay marriage storm

Whats everyones views on this ?
  2. MartinEvans

MartinEvans Member Webmaster

I dont know why people are against equal rights nowadays?

A lot of my friends are lesbians and they arent treated any differently to our other friends - and now a civil partnership is getting bypassed in favour of actual marriage - great.

About time people who like people of the same sex get treated the same.

• We're a global community dedicated to making the web better and more open for all.
    Well, Me Eich may not think things should be open for everyone, I just feel people should be treated equally and not judged on the colour of their skin, their looks or their sexual orientation. It's the 21st century.
    3 people like this.
  3. Vijay Patel

Vijay Patel New Member Webmaster

Thanks for sharing nice information.....

Featured Resources (View All)