Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need Good Front page links please

Discussion in 'The Exchange' started by RiverWire, Aug 3, 2007.

1. RiverWire

RiverWire New Member Webmaster

Hey everyone ive been talking to a friend today that is self employed and ive been helping him building some steel buildings the past couple of weeks, ive got hold of his web site and he's no where to be seen on the SE's and was wondering weather you guys could help. He's possibly one of the nicest blokes i know and has helped me out so id like to repay him buy getting his site on the first page for him.

Basicley i would like some High PR Homepage links to his site, but because he's a good business i dont want to have links going out of his site. So i can recipticol link back to your site with my Tottenham Site PR3.

Your link will be placed in the footer of the main page.

Please reply to this post if you can help.

Thanks guys

His site is oz-uk.com
  2. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I think the link you gave is wrong, I got and error when I visited 0z-uk.com

3. RiverWire

4. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Boss Cart consultant Webmaster

Hi RiverWire, unfortunately i can't support the site with links since i don't have any relevant site, but if you don't mind i would give you some onpage suggestion.

If i were you i would rethink the keyword basket. I checked the estimated searching trend of the "steel building" keyphrase at the best free KW research tool i recently know (sometime the site is down). This were the top three results, but please check it yourself as well.

steel building total-15,757 G-9,004 Y!-4,502 MSN-2,251
    steel framed building total-504 G-288 Y!-144 MSN-72
    steel frame building total-417 G-238 Y!-119 MSN-60

The numbers reflect monthly searching volumes.

The actual title tag at the main page doesn't contain any of them, i would rethink and rewrite the titles and the content all around the site considering the results of the keyword research.

I see that the KW steel building has many indexed result 47,400,000 at google, but belive me it's absolutly not impossible to promote your friend's site into the top 10 results.

If i were you i would place this code
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    # index.html to /
    RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*index\.html\ HTTP/
    RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.html$ /$1 [R=301,L]
    into the .htaccess. This would redirect the index.html location to the domain, and please correct the location at the home nav link pointing to the domain, instead of the /index.html.

Maybe i would place a rel="nofollow" attributum to the home nav link and redesign the logo eliminating the Steel Building from the image, and display that keyphrase via plain text (maybe h1) and i would place a link back to the domain onto this. This would make possible to link your main page with the most important keyphrase.

Good luck!
  5. RiverWire

Wow thats great bagi, i will show him what you have said.I had thought of most of what you have said but there is a couple of things that i had missed to :doh2:

6. jani

jani New Member Webmaster

@RiverWire: You can see if my website directories' homepage is of your interest... my directory is [http][linksbucket . googlepages . com]

You can reply here with the Site Title, Description and URL and i will add your site for FREE :)
  7. RiverWire

Featured Resources (View All)