Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ongoing Jagger update!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by maro25, Nov 10, 2005.

1. maro25

maro25 Guest

It seems that Jagger is still going on and I am happy for that! My site is back to the ranking as it was before (and in some cases a little bit better)!
    I am seeing some changes on the following DCs:

Any changes for you guys?
  2. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I refer you to what OWG said a week or so ago that you should be patient and wait till jagger is completed done before making changes to your site, unfortunately I cannot find that post :(
  3. maro25

maro25 Guest

Yes I agree that one should wait to see how the results will be! But it is nice to see the changes as they happen and how Google is propagating
  4. they're really dragging this update out!
  5. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

It is a massive update, and I think is more about preparation for future events, than an actual major update in its own right.
  6. ealex

ealex Guest

Jagger winding down

November 10, 2005 @ 12:06 am · Filed under Google/SEO

(a quickie post for those SEOs who can’t resist watching data centers)

As Jagger1 and Jagger2 wind down and Jagger3 is visible at, I wanted to recap where things stand.

* Jagger1 was visible at most data centers starting around 10/16/05. A second, refreshed version of Jagger1 was visible recently at and was at all data centers by 11/7/05.
    * Jagger2 was visible starting at starting around 10/27/05. Jagger2 was visible at all data centers by 11/6/05.
    * Jagger3 was visible starting at around 11/4/2005. Jagger3 is not widely visible yet (it might also be at, but I expect it migrate to other data centers over time.

Q: Is the update winding down?
    A: It’s starting to. Recall that all of Jagger1/2/3 are separate changes. Jagger1 and 2 are done, and you can see what Jagger3 will look like at

Q: Do you still want spam reports if I see things like hidden text, hidden links, etc.?
    A: Absolutely. We’re working through the reports that we’ve received, but I’d love to have more. Just to repeat, you can do a spam report at http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html with the keyword “jagger3″ and we’ll check it out.

7. maro25

maro25 Guest

I would say that Jagger3 will last one more week or so!
  8. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

more than 1 week from when ?
  9. maro25

maro25 Guest

from today :) maybe it will end something around 18th-20th november

Featured Resources (View All)