Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Outlook emails export

Discussion in 'Email' started by ovi, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ovi

ovi Guest

Hello guys,

I have a question. At the moment I have on my computer WIN 2000 and for emails I use: Outlook Express 6
    I want to install due to some virus problems Windows Xp I think and to use the Outlook from the Office 2003 pack.
    I want to know if I will export all my emails from the current Outlook I will be able to import in the new Outlook? I have some quite important emails and I don't want to lose them.

2. Paul_KY

Paul_KY New Member Webmaster

Have you thought of opening a Yahoo/Hotmail account, then forwarding your important e-mails to those accounts, just in case?
  3. ovi

ovi Guest

Yes, maybe I will use GMAIL ;) anyway I still wait for an answer maybe someone has try this before. :)

4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Outlook 2003 imports all your accounts , or rather it prompts you to accept inmporting them all. For safety though I would export them to a pst file.

I am certain that outlook 2003 does this, as last week I updated from office 200 to office xp and it did it for me automatically.
  5. ovi

ovi Guest

Thanks Old Welsh Guy you have gave me a real help today, twice :)

6. smeagain

smeagain Guest

There is a Freeware OE Export utility that I used once.
    It bundles an export with all your accounts+PW+Message Folders etc.
    Then when you hava a fresh install, it imports and sets them all up again.
  7. ovi

ovi Guest

Don't you remember the name of the application?

8. smeagain

smeagain Guest

No sorry I have been to bed since then so I need completely re-programming.

If I remember correctly, I found it by searching Google with combinations of things like Outlook express - backup - export - free - download etc.

Featured Resources (View All)