Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paypal Fraud

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by gkd_uk, Apr 24, 2007.

1. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Guest

Hi all

I received an email yesterday from services@paypal.com to say that an email address had been added to my Paypal account by me and wanted me to click on a link, login and confirm.

Please note: If you ever receive an email like this never click on the link. If you click on the link, you are redirected to a logon page similar to paypal.
    These fraudsters are after your paypal username and password.

I know most people are aware of such scams but not all are so I thought I would post here to let you know.

2. Robocop

Robocop New Member Webmaster

I have received many of these over the last few months I just forward them to spoof@paypal.com

Any contact from Paypal WILL always start with your name, these spoof mails usually just say 'Dear Member' etc etc but never your name. The rule of thumb is NEVER click anything that asks you to udate your details or tells you that your bank details/address need updating etc even if it does contains your name.

Always email the true/real company and ask them if they sent it first. Its a pain but thats the sort of world we live in i'm afraid.
  3. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Guest

Thanks for the extra info Robocop

Featured Resources (View All)