Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Programmer Tools

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Piotrek, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Piotrek

Piotrek Guest

Many of us visiting the forums has something to do with the code. It may be HTML/CSS, it may also be Javascript, or PHP, SQL etc. The further you go the more you appreciate a good text editor. I tried 3 for a longer period, now it is my 4th I just fell in love with - Notepad++ :) I'm using it for few days now and I'm happy like a kid who just got a bag of candies. Really. The only thing I miss from my previous editor is integration with function manual for PHP (it displayed a link to function description in manual as I typed it in the script).

So my question is - if any of you used Notepad++, do you know how I can integrate PHP manual into it (and maybe other, like javascript etc.)?

I was also wondering which editors do you use, and why them?

Best Regards,
  2. melkior

melkior Guest

I always use CONText on Windows ( http://www.context.cx/ )
    and Gedit on Linux.

Gedit cause it's the standard text editor on Gnome and it has code coloring.

I use CONText cause it was written by a coleague of mine and I've been using it for years.
  3. Piotrek

Piotrek Guest

Thanks Melkior!

I just found out how to switch on auto completion option in Notepad++ :D I love it :) It does not link to the manual, but I think if I played about with the plugin file... ;)

CONText looks really nice, I'll check it out when I get some time, or tell my friends to check it out :)

Featured Resources (View All)