Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Duke, Jan 20, 2006.
Hi guys (gals?), how you all been?
Hello Duke, welcome back, what's up dude?Where have you been?
Well well well, look who is back, nice to see you Ken
Duke man what's happenin? long time no read
Were have you been?
Well, where do I begin?
- I stepped down from a supervisory role at work due to stress, pay (or lack thereof) and other reasons. This in itself has been a major life change.
- I took PaulÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s advice quite a while back and started pyramiding my sites to the top (Lifesupporters.com). I currently have 5 websites with 2 more in the immediate future and one more sometime later this year.
- I've started re-selling webspace and currently have two accounts that I host. It's not a killing but every little bit helps.
- I've started skinning vehicles for upcoming movies that really do nothing other than pimp my sites and offer some cool eye candy. I've also created a new site called gamemoviemaking.com that will focus on recreating historical events through gameplay.
- I've accepted a staffing position at nukemods.com.
- I've compiled all the info. I need to legally start creating my own custom phpnuke themes online and selling them.
- Later in the year, I hope to start channeling some of the donations made to my websites to charities such as Unicef and Amnesty International.
- I was offered (and refused) to have all my sites, site expenses, webhosting, etc., picked up and provided to me for free from a major gaming website.
- I had my mail server hi-jacked and have created a lot of changes to ensure it doesn't happen again.
- I've been creating artwork for websites that need headers in my spare time (or lack thereof). My skillz are still not there so it takes me a very long time to come up with something even half decent.
- I've faced some very hard truths in regards to my limitations as a webmaster and have setup a plan to take positive action to change these shortcomings.
- I spend way more time with my daughter than I ever had in the past.
That's the short list off the top of my head. Essentially, I've done a lot of reading (none of it SEO I'm afraid) and have a better understanding of my place online. The road has been somewhat rocky for me over the past while but things are starting to even out. I have a lot more work ahead of me but I can say that I'm finally happy with how things seem to be progressing.
You have been a busy bee, well done. You left of one important charity in the list of good causes you plan to donate proceeds of you efforts to; me
Hello Duke, Welcome back
Separate names with a comma.