Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Self Edit Websites.

Discussion in 'Staff Room' started by OldWelshGuy, Apr 18, 2008.

1. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Well I spent an hour or two today, made some changes to a template, and slapped up our self edit website demo offering.

Web Design Wales Website design in Wales for the UK and beyond take a look and tell me what you think about the editing system. I have set two area editable, but I can set as much or as little of the page as editable as I want.

The site is my old web design domain from way back when. Tracey & Lottie are going to run the business between them, I am going to advise them.

Lottie is only 8 and she really struggles with dreamweaver, reckons it is a bit harder than texteaze they use in yr4 IT lessons in School :D
  2. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

It thought they only use child labour in developing countries :) The site looks excellent, did you develop your own CMS or is it based on an open source CMS?
  3. dman_2007

dman_2007 Guest

Looks good, well done OWG. Very helpful for newbies.
  4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

The site is a hacked template, and the CMS is based on another system but totally re-written to make it work as we think it should work it now allows (if set up by us), site wide elements that can be independently edited ie, the nav bars can be an element, you can update them, and they will update sitewide if you want it to, Much the same way as dreamweaver library items..

As for child labour, she is almost 9 now, I had MY first job when I was 9 :)

Featured Resources (View All)