Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Text linking 101

Discussion in 'Forum Post Exchange' started by Infojungle, May 9, 2005.

1. Infojungle

Infojungle Guest

Hi Guys...

I have a new search engine... that i am trying to promote, i need a detail lecture on text linking and other forms of driving traffic to the site....

2. Duke

Duke Guest

Do you have a link to your site so our members can check it out first?
  3. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Info jungle's website is http://www.infojungle.com/ . It’s quite a well-designed well-presented site.
    Infojungle did ask me some questions privately which I suggested that he ask publicly as he will get contribution for more experienced forum member than me. Here are some suggestions as to how to go about your link campaign:

· Natural linking – Get yourself about as much as possible in forums, etc and drop you url in threads where appropriate
    · Contribute articles to articles website with the agreement that a link will be placed to your website as part of the permission you grant other sites to use your article

Link Exchange
    - Exchange links with other webmasters with site that have contents that are similar to yours or roughly within the same industry.

Buy Links
    Link buying is very expensive but effective, once again buy links from site with relevant contents to your site for example with you site which is a meta search engine, internet related site will probably be more beneficial that links from a gambling site or something completely unrelated

One of the cheapest ways to buy links is via web directories; some web directories even list your site free. You will find a list of web directories here: http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/showthread.php?t=109

Use link agents
    You can always buy links from link brokers but that should be your last resort, if possible buy links directly from webmasters, buying direct is cheaper and your link is placed much quickly.

From looking at your site, I think you have to do quite a lot to get webmasters to link to your site naturally, you need to have some unique contents, at the moment you site does not offer anything unique which one cannot find at other meta search engines.

Good luck
  4. pinyo

pinyo Guest

Good bits of advice temi. I would suggest that you start with getting yourself listed in as many directories as possible first. It's boring, but it is the easiest way to get links.

Also, if you have not written articles before, you will be amazed at how fast a well written articles published on sites like GoArticles.com and EzineArticles.com get spread around the Web. Your link will literally multiply.

Also, many SE gains link by providing nifty tools that webmaster can use on their web sites - i.e., site search (Google), traffic graph (Alexa), etc.
  5. Also, infojungle, i don't know how you're getting along, but you could nip over to linkmatters.com and download their free linking report. If they're statistics are anything to go by, then that could be about as much as you need to know to get started with link building. I'm trying it out. They also have some worksheets.

Featured Resources (View All)