Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The importance of link exchange

Discussion in 'The Exchange' started by marketraise int, Apr 19, 2007.

1. marketraise int

marketraise int New Member Webmaster

Link Popularity is necessary for any website to do well in the search engines. Building links requires experience, motivation, a lot of communication, and a lot of work. The best linking strategy you could possibly have for your website's quality of incoming traffic and your search engine rankings is to seek out solid, permanent links on related pages.
    This is known as reciprocal linking or "link exchange."You agree to link to another site, in exchange for them linking to you. As a strategy for increasing the quantity of sites linking to you, it is very popular. You may be contacted by other sites if you have your email address posted somewhere on your site. Or, you can go out on the Web yourself and find some sites to trade links with.First, create a custom HTML page for linking, and link to it from your site’s homepage.
    Key facts to consider:
    1)A quality link from a high-ranking site will benefit your site more than a large amount of links from only low ranking sites.
    2)Links from site to site should be text-based (not images) using one of your main targeted keyword phrases.
    3) Link popularity is not effective when used single-handedly as a marketing technique. You will need to work significantly on your site’s text content and researching keyword phrases. Remember to develop and use targeted, popular keyword phrases throughout the text on your site, or have it professionally optimized.
    Second, decide what keyword phrases you will use for the links pointing to your site. Links should always be keyword rich text, so use your best performing search terms according to what is getting the most searches in the major engines. You can use our keyword suggestion tool to discover which keyword phrases are getting high traffic.
    Third, contact other site owners to discuss trading links. Because you have already established a relationship and rapport with certain people, they will be more inclined to want to link to your site. This will become reciprocal linking if you propose to list a text link to their site if they will in turn list a text link to yours.
  2. rakib

rakib New Member Webmaster

Thanks for nice tips.
  3. mrcrowley

mrcrowley New Member Webmaster

Nice post.
    About link exchange:
    Say your site had thousands of one way links is there any benefit to persuing reciprocal links if you could have all one way links?

Example: 2 comparison sites:

Site 1: has 800 one way plus 200 reciprocal links.
    Site 2: has 1000 one way links.

Does site 1 having some reciprocal links get an added bonus for having some link partners or does site 2 win all ways? All this is assuming the quality of links to both sites are equal.

Hope this makes sense to you
  4. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I hope you get a reply from him, he is a one way posters, I have never seen him respond to a post :(
  5. mrcrowley

mrcrowley New Member Webmaster

Thats a shame. I think my question is for an seo expert his post is most likely a copy/paste from an article... :confused:
  6. TeamPlayer

TeamPlayer New Member Webmaster

I would think that all things being equal the site having the 1,000 backlinks would be better of than the one having the 800/200. I`m not an expert on this, but that`s just my feeling.

Featured Resources (View All)