Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Theft in my Store!!!

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by LouisPatel, Feb 3, 2009.

1. LouisPatel

LouisPatel New Member Webmaster

Hi everyone, I run a departmental store downtown. I have a staff of about 20-25 people, the workforce is not large. But, I have a big store and from a few days I have got the feeling that there are thefts in my shop. I have got the accounts cleared up and the items checked and there is a clear proof of some theft. I am here to get some real good ideas on how could I prevent all of this without having an adverse effect on my shop environment?
    Please do help me.
  2. wendallb

wendallb Member Webmaster

You need loss prevention people, security
  3. Emilyecho

Emilyecho New Member Webmaster

Install a camera to monitor...
  4. George1985

George1985 New Member Webmaster

Id say incraese your surveilance system and hire extra staffs as well. Depends on what your store type is, if its food related then i think its pretty common. Any other type such as electrical goods, then you should add more cameras into the store and place them where you think are the most likely places for your goods to be stolen.

Also it would be a good idea to tell your staff of 20-25 people about the theft and make them look out more often as well.

Sometimes the smallest changes can make a big differences, but it really depends on the products you seell and how busy your store gets.

Hope it helps, and good luck on the strategy that you implement.
  5. seo_blogger

seo_blogger New Member Webmaster

Maintain strict vigilance inside the store. Keep close tabs on each and every item. It will surely help.

Featured Resources (View All)