Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

This forums purpose

Discussion in 'Staff Room' started by Duke, May 31, 2005.

1. Duke

Duke Guest

This forum is a place for all staff to discuss site issues such as policing members, site direction, use, functionality, addition of new forums, etc.

It is far more convenient to have a forum such as this as it's a tangible record of what is going on with the site on a daily basis. It also serves as a member policing area. Too often I've seen staff struggle over banning members because they relied on memory when determining sentencing. Posting and discussing the issues here ensures we police fairly, accurately and timely.
  2. Duke

Duke Guest

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to post them here.

3. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Well done Ken,
    You finally got this section of the forum going, more grease to you elbow.
  4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

A staff area is essential, as it allows you to debate what action is going on where. Also it helps with transatlantic conversations. On Highrankings I get there early morning while many Murcans are tucked up in their beds. Any action I take is logged in the staff room so when the Murcans get up they can see what has been done.
  5. Duke

Duke Guest

I actually just took the time to understand the admin area of vb more. There was a lot of trial and error and I had to make a few changes to the Admin section to get it working properly (there's so many options with vb, unbelievable).

I agree with you OWG, a staff area is essential. I actually have several different areas in my staff area, all having their own forum and encompassing categories such as:

- individual member policing
    - site growth
    - site design
    - administrators only
    - staff room

Breaking it up keeps the indexing way down and always keeps the important info right in front of you as does breaking up the admin areas to specific topics.

Featured Resources (View All)