Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Top Products Side Bar, settings?

Discussion in 'Boss Cart - JV Series' started by widgetuk, Jul 3, 2008.

1. widgetuk

widgetuk New Member Webmaster

Hi All, I'd be interested to know if anyone knows how to change the settings for the "top products" menu item on the left hand site. eg. show the thumbnail? or only have top 3 products showing? Or something like that?

Cheers, widget
  2. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Boss Cart consultant Webmaster

Hi Widget, unfortunatly enabling thumbnails is not possible, but you may set your preferencies at this url yourdomain.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_modules&client=&task=editA&hidemainmenu=1&id=43
    Thank you
  3. widgetuk

widgetuk New Member Webmaster

Cheers for the link Bagi :kneeled:

This raises two further questions / issues if I may?

1. There appears to be a confusing little problem with the code in this. Where as on the Products side bar, the little horizontal dashed lines only appear between each unique product, the lines on the Top Products side bar appear on every LINE! This is confusing for the reader, because when product descriptions go over two lines (which they mostly do, as the side bar is so small), then, it is really confusing as to which line is the start of a unique product and which is the second line of the product above. If you get me? This is made worse by the fact that the numbering of those products, is centred across the two lines (assuming the product goes over two lines still). Very confusing!

Ideally, the hashed line should be between unique products, and the numbering should be in my opinion adjacent to the first line always. This would make it clearer.

Pitty they can't have thumnails :( But you cant have it all I guess. haha

2. Second thing, this is the second "hidden" menu option I've now found out about. So it would perhaps be a nice feature, if they were linked to from the administrator panel within Boss Cart? So that people can find them easily? Just a thought.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Featured Resources (View All)