Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

trexle.com worst directory on the net?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by temi, Apr 9, 2005.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I recently paid $25 to trexle.com to list one of my sites, the site was buried in a directory that is 8 (EIGHT) folders deep (trexle.com/Directory/Top/Computers/Internet/Searching/Directories/Family_Friendly/)on the site with PR0. I complained to the site owner and I got the message below.
    I was not asking to buy a link based on PR but I am was hoping at least my site will be listed on a page with some potential, even if the directory becomes PR8 which is unlikely there isn't that much benefit listing a site that deep on a web directory.
    Apart from the fact that I will not be adding any more sites to that directory I do not advice anyone to add their site either.
    Or do you guys think I am unreasonable and Hossam is right?

We DONT sell text links based on Google PR.
    As stated clearly, the $25 submission fees cover our editors costs and
    it's paid whether your listing got approved or not.

With that said, I ensure you that posting your listing on the most
    accurate category, will have a SEO value much more than posting it on a
    high Google PR page with no relevant listings.

2. pinyo

pinyo Guest

You would have been better off giving $15 to me :p

My directory is only 3 level deep at most...although I don't have all that much traffic yet.
  3. ina

ina Guest

Hossan is not right because it is not the way to treat a customer, if you complain about the services, he must give your money back at least. Now he is burned...

But Temi, i think that the web directories are useful and increase the traffic of your website. You can find very interesting web directories for free either.

4. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Thanks Ina, I don't necessarily want my money back but just don't want my link buried 8 folders deep. I had a similar experience with http://directory.intersites.co.uk/ but that was run by a nicer person, he responded positively to my concerns and moved my site one level up.

Featured Resources (View All)