Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

UKWW Needs a more professional out look

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gorkfu, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Gorkfu

Gorkfu New Member Webmaster

This has been bothering me, and it's most likely why I rarely come back to the forums. There are several reasons I can name why people would leave and not continue with this community. When I first joined it wasn't as bad as it has gotten now.

In the title of this post I am referring to the way this community is run and not the look/design of the site.

The following is a list of what I think needs improvement:

1. The forums seems to have too few moderators and when moderators are on I don't see spam disapear it's mostly just edited. (I don't know if moderators don't have the option to delete, but whoever has ownership of this community needs to develop trust in at least a couple people if that is the case.)
    2. Too much spam not being cleared out. (Related to #1)
    3. There are way too many sub forums, as someone previously said. You have to remember people come here for information, and most people want to find it fast and easily. The less clutter the more happy visitors will be and the more they will return (I assume the owner(s) would want that scenario).
    4. Many threads go on and on and on and become utterly useless with the same replies or carried on conversations. People don't even bother to read if what they are posting was already posted (All they seem to care about is working up to that magic number so they can have more links in there signature.
    5. (Kinda connected to #4) Moderators should end topics when a topic has been solved, or generally has gone on long enough. (Again, if they have the ability to do so.) I know in some instances it's appropriate to leave a thread open, but to leave them all open just causes a mess.
    Well with that said I can't really think of anything else at the moment. I'm positive I'm not the only one in the community that feels this way about a lot of these issues.

This community is made up of several highly knowledgeable people and I salute all of them for helping others.
  2. RiverWire

RiverWire New Member Webmaster

Have to say i agree , i lost my love for UKWW when it was taken over .

For a community to become a decent one it need for the staff to remain active and post on a regular basic (daily) the forum has become somewhere that people come to either promote their site or just to make pointless posts.

There is no longer that "family feeling" that there once was under the previous management , love you temi :longtongue: lol

I realise that this is a business venture but its getting very much like Digital point , which all in all isnt a bad thing in terms of growth but it needs to be managed growth which it isnt at the moment.
  3. neilrbowen

neilrbowen Member Webmaster

Im getting ready to clamp down on the pointless posts.

Anti-spam is already in action, id imagine we could lock threads automatically if there have been no replies for 1 month, this would make it harder for people to keep dragging up old threads.

Featured Resources (View All)