Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Urgent! Needs quick attention!

Discussion in 'SEO Contest Planning' started by SkinnerW, Feb 2, 2008.

1. SkinnerW

SkinnerW New Member Webmaster

Just as I expected question about multiple entries and switching domains already has been raised many times and we are only TWO days into contest!

I suggested long time ago that multiple entries and domain switching should not be allowed. Every member must submit one domain at the moment of registration and stick with it.

Guys, please let's clean it up now before it's too late. We want contest to be fair to everyone but switching domains or submitting multiple entries is a clear manipulation.

I may be did not run any SEO contests but I did organized many sports events on very high level and know how one little thing can damage our reputation forever!

We worked very hard to get this thing going so let's not trow away all the efforts. Bad publicity spreads much faster than good one and we may not have second chance if we blow this one...
  2. OldDarkstarAccount

OldDarkstarAccount Senior Member Webmaster

Set a deadline for each participant to decide which domain to keep in and that to be final.

I think this is the best. The rest of the results should not be considered, or will be considered as duplicates and removed.

Also there is something with the page of the competition, I see no rankings.
  3. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Moderator Moderator Webmaster

If someone switches domains and the domain is not registered in the competition, then the contestant will not get the cash even if they win.

If the rules clearly state this, then it's the contestant breaking the rules.
  4. SkinnerW

SkinnerW New Member Webmaster

There are some missing entries in the database!

I received registration confirmation email yesterday and updated my list here in the forum.

Just now I was comparing this list with actual data in database and this record was missing!

There are two more members said that they have registered but their names are not on the list. This means they are not in database also...

I am just wondering how many more members have registered but info did not get inserted in database... If they did not look on my list - they may not even know that we don't have theirs info...

Temi, if you still have ALL registration emails could you forward them to me or just post them all in one email and send it to me so I can check if they are actually registered.

5. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I will forward all registration emails to you. I will also alert misi to this email.

Featured Resources (View All)