Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Using YouTube to promote your site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by temi, Nov 3, 2007.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I just read something about using YouTube to promote your site, has anyone had experience using YouTube for SEO ?
  2. ultimate handyman

ultimate handyman New Member Webmaster

It is something that I have never considered, but I do hope to add some video tutorials to my site soon, once I suss out how to use the video editing software!
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Guest

I am getting ready to roll out a social network site. I plan on using youtube to promote it. I have not however sorted out a viral concept. I think it will work great if I can come up with something whacky enough.

@Ultimate-Handyman If you are refering to web related screen capture stuff, I use the following microsoft.com / windows/ windowsmedia /forpros/encoder/default.mspx
    it works great and it's free.

We had the crazy idea to pump out a photoshop dvd. I seriously ran out of time and patience on that one lol...

Most files come out huge... here is an example. This was 20+ megs. I cranked it down into a flash file which was ultimately tiny enough to stick on the web.

This file seems to be broken as it doesnt finish but you can see the results.
    jnlew.com/media /L1Marqueetool -1.swf just remove the spaces. I am still a noob ;)

hope that helps
  4. Scripter

Scripter New Member Webmaster

Ive never realy gave that a thought.
    Do you think it will get more hits?
    I will like to see what your outcome is Nigel.
  5. RiverWire

RiverWire New Member Webmaster

I dont think it would be a SEO matter, but ive seen advertising done though youtube and it's very effective for the right product

Featured Resources (View All)