Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Webmaster community link exchanges

Discussion in 'Forum Post Exchange' started by hostingspeeds, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Hi,

I am the owner of the Hosting Speeds Comparison Project. We run a site that let's webmasters compare their host by putting a speed test on their site. All web hosts that have been submitted by these webmasters are compared on speed.

Because this is a world wide project we have a world wide ranking. To serve our visitors (all webmasters and web hosts) we also have country rankings.

I am looking for 2 UK based webmaster communities that want to become our local partners.

- Your link will rotate in our hostingspeeds.com header just below the logo.
    - Your link will be on all UK web host rankings.
    - Your link will be on the local partner page, where we list all our world wide local partners.

We have 6,000 daily page views.

To really send you traffic, we allow only 2 local partners per country. We hate linkfarms.

In the UK we have 37 web hosts in comparison now. In total we rank 451 web hosts. With 6,000 daily page views this might be an interesting link exchange for you.

We ask more than a link back though!

If you have a webmaster site, we want our link to at least be in your template. Other local partners in other countries have sent out our site in their Newsletter (in The Netherlands & Belgium), wrote and article about us on their front page (in The Netherlands), posted a review on their webmaster forum and made it sticky (in Norway) and so on.

If you think your site qualifies for such a profitable link exchange, please post your URL and ideas in this thread.

2. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

This request is interesting, I am considering it. Can you tell me how old your site is, its seem not to have a PR. Did you have problems with google ?
  3. I registered the site on June 7, 2005, uploaded a coming soon page and did not nothing with it, because I had to wait for the comparison script to get ready.

By the time I released the project (On July 17th 2005) Google had ranked it 0/10. I didn't even submit the site to Google, because I wanted the domain to be picked up by the links pointing to it. That usually gives better PageRank. I own 1300 domains and in my experience that's the best to do. Wait for the Google spider.

I guess I should have registered it later or uploaded it faster.

Anyway, we have a 0/10 now, but there ain't a single reason for punishment. A lot of web hosts link to us, and so do webmaster sites.

Google is sending many visitors though by high rankings for speed comparison ketwords and the name of the web hosts. Just look for any web hosting company name in our rankings and our link shows up on Google on page 1 or page 2.

We're kinda confused about the 0/10 in combination with the Google traffic. They send them by the dozens every day.
  4. temi

5. Nice!

I have studied Economy in Rotterdam 19 years ago .... time flies.

I'll read your PM on Monday. Will go offline in an hour or so.
  6. temi

Yes, times flies when you are a certain age, I am 3 years older than you :)
  7. I decided to consider my internet income as a regular job. So I'm offline during evenings and weekends.
  8. We found 2 local UK partners. No more UK local partners needed. If you want to apply for a regular lnk exchange, please PM me.

Featured Resources (View All)