Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is Page Jacking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ellenwillss, Oct 21, 2011.

1. ellenwillss

ellenwillss New Member Webmaster

I read somewhere about page jacking I would like to know some more about it with regards to exactly how it is done and why to do it?
  2. stunning boy

stunning boy New Member Webmaster

page jacking is a act of stealing a content from a site and publish it on another site it is black hat tactic.
  3. Sunny Mishra

Sunny Mishra New Member Webmaster

The activity of stealing content in the form of source code from a Web site and copying it into another Web site in order to siphon some of the original sites traffic to the copied Web pages.
  4. Page jacking is making a duplicate copy of a popular web site and copying them to on another website.
  5. paddy12

paddy12 New Member Webmaster

Anyone who runs a content rich website will be familiar with other sites ripping off their content. Sometimes this is done with an outbound-link back to the original content, sometimes it is more blatant and sometimes it is even an error. I've had content copied by companies and organizations that should really know better. Many people forget that just because something is on the web it is still subject to copyright laws. Unfortunately with the web being such an international medium enforcing those laws can be difficult.

Featured Resources (View All)