Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what is the best blog software

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by sofy60, Jan 25, 2006.

1. sofy60

sofy60 Guest

what is the best blog software or script and what is the difference between a blog and a forum?
  2. AbbeyIT

AbbeyIT New Member Webmaster

I use Wordpress and I like it allot, plus it's free :)
  3. etechsupport

etechsupport Guest

worldpress is indeed nice, it is easiest in terms of customizing, however Serendipity is pretty much same.
  4. netfreehost

netfreehost Guest

WordPress is easy to install and good seo url. You can get free hosted WordPress blog at

Other popular blog software is MovableType, this is CGI script, little difficult to install and manage templates. With wordpress, you will find lot of free templates.
  5. ovi

ovi Guest

From my point of view WordPress is the best in town. It's has a lot of features, is very SEO friendly and it seems Google like a lot this soft.
    I have a blog (http://ovi.velnet.org.uk) and I archive very good rating for the keyword: seo articles in Google :p

6. Pentarix

Pentarix Guest

I also use Wordpress, I changed over from blogger and I wouldn't ever go back. Wordpress is much much better, very customizable with lots of great add-ons and features.
  7. netfreehost

netfreehost Guest

Yes, WordPress is the best and easy to install software.

Blogger have its own advantage. I use Blogger for my blog. Blogger allow you to blog with email client, i compose my blog entry in outlook express and send to a special email address and blogger will publish it, i found this feature easier than going to the site, login and publish.
  8. XUV541

XUV541 New Member Webmaster

Wordpress is great!

Blogger was also good for sometime until it started
    deleting some blogs. A lot of honest to goodness blogs
    were summarily executed in the process.
  9. Duke

Duke Guest

Loox like I'm gonna have to use Wordpress when I start my own blog i recon.
  10. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

ABSOLUTELY no question that Wp is the Daddy of blogware
  11. Pentarix

Pentarix Guest

I'll help you config it Duke, it's pretty easy but there are some cool plugins you'll need as well (including anti-spam ones).
  12. eukhost

eukhost Guest

I use wordpress as it has very useful features like private posting and file uploads.
  13. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

eukhost, like you most people seem to agree that Word Press is the daddy of them all.
  14. wordpress is certinly the best one to use for blogger.com and google blog search.
  15. ovi

ovi Guest

WordPress definetly rulz, and it's also FREE :)

Featured Resources (View All)